December 11 -- Second Visit to the Islamic Museum of Art (Roger)
Today was the first full day of what I call my white diet. I’m not supposed to eat dark food for several days after the teeth-whitening process, but that matches up reasonably well with the Roma’s typical breakfast. The guys here were nice enough to substitute warm lemon water (ugh!) for the usual Nescafe and to add some Arab bread to the usual breakfast rolls. But it’s gonna be a long three days. Lou covered some 10 walking miles yesterday while my teeth were getting whiter, so while his feet and legs recovered today, I headed down for my own visit to the Museum of Arabic Art. I’d made it there briefly on another visit and wanted to go back. It’s a one-floor collection with a very open display area that reminds me of the space in mosques or in the general public room in Middle Eastern homes. In one half of the museum, you walk though art that’s historically organized from the earliest Islamic dynasties through the Ottomans, and probably bec...
Comments
Post a Comment